Light Energy Drives Cellular Health
The Wellness Window
Scientists have proven without a doubt our bodies use light energy for better health and performance. Deep penetrating red and near-infrared light is especially effective and is referred to as the "Wellness Window"
Thousands of peer-reviewed medical studies and clinical trials have shown red and near-infrared light stimulate cell mitochondria to increase energy production. This boost translates to a wide range of wellness benefits for the body including: reduced fatigue, rejuvenated skin (via healthier collagen), reduced inflammation, reduced joint pain, enhanced muscle growth and recovery, increased antioxidant production, and activated fat metabolism. [1-5].
Very little escapes light’s positive reach.
1. M.R. Hamblin, “Mechanisms and applications of the anti-inflammatory effects of photobiomodulation.” AIMS Biophys. 4(3), 2017.
2. P. H. Raven, et al. “How cells harvest energy.” Biology 10th ed. AP ed. pp. 122-146. New York, NY: McGraw-Hill, 2014.
3. M. Emília de Abreu Chaves, et al. “Effects of low-power light therapy on wound healing: LASER x LED.” An Bras Dermatol. 9(4): 2014.
4. U.H. Mitchell, G.L. Mack “Low-level laser treatment with near-infrared light increases venous nitric oxide levels acutely: a single-blind, randomized clinical trial of efficacy.” Am J Phys Med Rehabilitation,92(2), 2013.
5. Low-level light therapy is recommended by The American Physical Therapy Association and The American College of Physicians (low back pain).